2023 SEASON - BEAUMONT RAIDERS LEVEL INFORMATION
2017, 2018 or 2019
2015 or 2016
U11 / U11 Women
2013 or 2014
U13 / U13 Women
2011 or 2012
U15 / U15 Women
2009 or 2010
U17 / U17 Women
2007 or 2008
Junior Level hosted by Rocky Mountain Lacrosse League
2023 REGISTRATION OPENS 1-JAN-2023
The Beaumont Raiders Lacrosse Association is a member of the Greater Edmonton Lacrosse Council (GELC). www.gelc.ab.ca
The GELC is responsible for the administration of lacrosse programs for Edmonton and surrounding areas.
Lacrosse Clubs in Participating Communities
Communities that participate in league play are the Beaumont Raiders, Fort Saskatchewan Rebels, Leduc Crush, North Edmonton Wizards, Parkland Posse, Sherwood Park Titans, South Edmonton Warriors, St. Albert Rams, West Edmonton Blues, and Westlock Rock.
Associate members from Grande Prairie and Fort McMurray may also be participating at the U7 thru U17 levels, resulting in weekend games in the schedule against these teams.
Typical Beaumont Raiders Minor Box Lacrosse Season
- The lacrosse season ends with city championship in late June, and Provincials in early July.
- League play starts in mid-April with games scheduled by the GELC (Greater Edmonton Lacrosse Council) interlocked with other clubs in Edmonton and surrounding area.
- Beaumont Raiders offers many levels of lacrosse. The age divisions are U7, U9, U11, U13, U15, U17.
- The divisions for U7, U9 are not leveled or evaluated.
- U7 and U9 are co-ed teams.
- They allow reciprocal friend requests.
- U7 are usually on the floor 1 time per week (combination practice/game)
- U9 are usually on the floor 2 times per week (practice and a game)
- The Beaumont Raiders offers separate Male and Female teams from U11 - U17 (U7 and U9 are Co-Ed).
This season you may notice a change to our division names and age groups, as well as, a change in labeling from "Male/Female" now to "Men/Women". This may seem strange to you based on the age groups of our athletes, but this change comes with guidance from Lacrosse Canada in promoting inclusiveness. The term "female" connotes a biological category, while "women" is a whole human person, making it technically a noun. The Beaumont Raiders are supporting the use of women as an adjective to achieve a more inclusive meaning that emphasizes gender over biological sex.
- U13, U15 and U17 age groups get separated into tiers. There are A teams and B teams. These teams are formed by tryouts and selections during evaluations pre-season.
- 'A' level teams are usually on the floor a minimum of 3 times per week (practices and/or games).
- 'B' level teams are usually on the floor about 2-3 times per week (practices and/or games).
- The Sherwood Park Titans and the Beaumont Raiders join for the 'A' Team division. Click Here for "A' Level Information