Thank you for Volunteering to be the Manager for your team this season.
You are a pivotal role within the Raiders organization and are contributing to the success of your team.
Season Start Up
- Plan to have a meeting between yourself, head coach and assistant coaches ASAP to discuss duties, expectations, plans for the season and philosophy of how the team will be run. Sample Meeting
- Discuss with Coaches expectations of Parents in the dressing room before and after games/practices.
- Decide how to communicate with your team - RAMP TEAM APP
- Organize a Parent/Coaches meeting after the first or second practice. Send out an agenda with projected budget prior to this meeting. Sample Budget
- Any issues with RAMP contact our Registrar
- Address whether or not your team will be ordering team apparel.
- Discuss fundraising vs cash call vs both. Fundraising raffles require a lottery license from Alberta Gaming and Liquor.
- Establish the Chain of Communication with your team (Parent - Manager - Coach) with the 24 hr rule.
- Decide how many tournaments to enter. Typically teams will do 1 travel tournament, and 1 local tournament. See ALA for tournament tab
- Decide on off Floor team Apparel or Team Shorts early so everyone can wear the same shorts for unity. See Apparel Director for Team Shorts or shirts if needed. email@example.com
- All Coaches, trainers and anyone on the floor to help will need appropriate coaching requirements. Trainers must have St John‘s First Aid or Higher
- Assign Volunteer roles (some suggested roles: first aid, box officials - 2 for each game, social coordinators, tournament liaison, and fundraiser - These are NOT association credited)
- Assign Jersey #’s to players. You can do based on size or jersey # requests
- Hand out laminated roster cards to families - use a volunteer for this if needed.
- Ensure that medical forms are filled out, and keep a copy with you at all times. It is also recommended that a second set of forms be kept with the Coaches. Review medical sheets and watch for players with allergies or other medical conditions and make Coaches aware. Medical Form
- To save time at games do up roster stickers for game sheets. Players are to be listed in numerical order, with Goalies being first. Gamesheet Label
- Any exemptions or release forms keep with both sets of medical sheets
GELC Incident Report - For injury of a player unable to return to the game. Submitted within 48hrs of incident.
CLA Head Injury Form
CLA Head Injury Info
Medical Injury Form
Dental Injury Form
ALA Insurance Brochure
Soccer Center Waiver