The Beaumont Raiders Lacrosse Association is a member of the Greater Edmonton Lacrosse Council (GELC). www.gelc.ab.ca
The GELC is responsible for the administration of lacrosse programs for Edmonton and surrounding areas.
Communities that participate in league play are the Beaumont Raiders, Fort Saskatchewan Rebels, Leduc Crush, North Edmonton Wizards, Parkland Posse, Sherwood Park Titans, South Edmonton Warriors, St. Albert Rams, West Edmonton Blues, and Westlock Rock. Associate members from Grande Prairie and Fort McMurray may also be participating at the U7 thru U17 levels, resulting in weekend games in the schedule against these teams.
2024 U17 Beaumont Raiders Lacrosse Season
- U17 Men's and Women's Division Season Play will begin April 16, 2024.
- For the 2024 Box Lacrosse playing season, U17 games will be scheduled any day of the week with a start time of anywhere between 7:00-8:30pm.
- Practice days and times are TBD
- The lacrosse season ends with city championship late June with Provincials in early-mid July.
- At U17 athletes are divided into Men's and Women's Divisions
- If the number of registered athletes is high enough for multiple teams, evaluations will be scheduled to ensure a parity between teams.
This season you may notice a change to our division names and age groups, as well as, a change in labeling from "Male/Female" now to "Men/Women". This may seem strange to you based on the age groups of our athletes, but this change comes with guidance from Lacrosse Canada in promoting inclusiveness. The term "female" connotes a biological category, while "women" is a whole human person, making it technically a noun. The Beaumont Raiders are supporting the use of women as an adjective to achieve a more inclusive meaning that emphasizes gender over biological sex.
- U17 age groups get separated into tiers. There are A teams and B teams. These teams are formed by tryouts and selections during evaluations pre-season.
- 'A' level teams are usually on the floor a minimum of 3 times per week (practices and/or games).
- 'B' level teams are usually on the floor about 2-3 times per week (practices and/or games).
- The Sherwood Park Titans and the Beaumont Raiders join for the 'A' Team division. Click Here for "A' Level Information
- U17A plays in the Wild Rose Lacrosse League