2019 Mother’s Day Mayhem - Tournament Rules
- Any team wishing to participate in The Mother’s Day Mayhem Tournament must only be registered by someone on their team staff- such as Head Coach, Assistant Coach, or Manager. Multiple team registrations by an association will be allowed pending approval from tournament committee.
- The person registering their team is responsible to ensure all communication from the Tournament Committee is relayed in a timely matter to all members of their coaching staff, players and parents.
- Payment is to be made in full by May 1st, 2019.
- In addition, the person registering their team will be required to ensure their team’s rosters are submitted to tournament director (or committee) before May 7, 2019. Failure to do so may result in their team being rejected from the tournament, and no refund given.
- Teams will be accepted until a division is full. Once a division is full, teams will be placed on a waiting list, until a spot becomes available.
Affiliates and Rosters:
- Rosters must be submitted online, through the tournament registration portal RAMP, before May 7, 2019. Rosters must match those as submitted to the ALA.
- Affiliates MAY be used as per ALA Regulations.
- ALA Regulations will be in effect except where otherwise noted.
- Any team withdrawing from the tournament after May 1, 2019 will forfeit their entry fee, no exceptions.
- All teams must have a set of two jerseys, or a set of pinnies will be provided by tournament committee.
- HOME teams shall wear light, and AWAY shall wear DARK. If team colors are similar, the HOME team will be required to change jerseys.
- Game sheets will be available at the Tournament Table in the KNRRC Lobby prior to each game. HOME Team must pick up game sheet 30 mins prior to game start.
- THE WINNING TEAM IS RESPONSIBLE FOR TURNING IN THE GAME SHEET IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE GAME, SO RESULTS CAN BE POSTED.
- All games shall be played in the time frames listed below. In addition, the ALA no longer allows time to be dropped in the event a game runs behind.
Novice: Five (5) minute warm up. Games will be three (3) fifteen-minute runtime periods, no clock stoppage. Two (2) minute rest period between periods. One Hour Total Game Time.
In Medal games only as per CLA Rule 20: exemption is made to rest time between periods, which will be five (5) minutes.
- The 30 second shot clock will be in effect for all minor levels.
- Straight time penalties: a two (2) minute penalty running time, to start at start of play (whistle)
Overtime - All games shall be played out. In the event a game is tied after regular play, the following outlines how overtime shall be conducted:
- Teams will not switch ends for overtime
- Each team shall be allowed a 1-minute rest before overtime commences, and between each overtime period needed.
- Five-minute, stop-time, sudden-death, overtime periods will be played until a goal is scored
Round Robin -
Coming out of the Round Robin, the top team from each pool and a wild card (next highest ranked team overall) will move forward to a Semi Final and Final (Gold/Silver/Bronze) Rounds. All other Teams will be entered a “Final Rank” game(s) based on round robin performance as determined below.
- In Round robin play, points will be awarded as follows:
2 points for WIN
0 points for LOSS
27.03 Final Standings Tie Break Formula
27.03.1 In the event of a tie in point standings in a competition, final standings shall be determined as follows:
27.03.2 If two teams are tied, the winner of the game or games between the two teams’ advances. If a tie still exists, the goal average formula listed below will be used.
27.03.3 If three or more teams are tied, and if one team has defeated the other teams which it is tied after round robin play, the team shall advance.
Otherwise GOAL AVERAGE FORMULA: Only goals scored in games between the tied teams are used in the goal average formula for tie breaking. Team with the highest ratio advances.
27.03.4 Otherwise GOALS AVERAGE FORMULA: Only goals scored in games between each other plus common opponents are used in the goal average formula for tie breaking. The team with the highest ratio advances.
27.03.5 Otherwise GOALS AGAINST FORMULA: Using goals for and against in all games played by the tied teams.
GOALS FOR + GOALS AGAINST
The Formula is applied once to rank all tied teams
- At no time, shall a goal differential of more than 6 goals be posted on the scoreboard. Additional goals will be recorded on the game sheet only.
- Each team will provide 2 Minor Officials for each game, for a total of 4 - One person for the scoreboard, one for the shot clock, one to record the game sheet, and another to tend the penalty boxes.
Referees & Officials
All referee decisions made during the game are final.
**Abuse of referees, game officials or tournament committee members will not be tolerated, and will be grounds for expulsion of the individual, and/or team involved, at the discretion of the discipline committee. Unruly fans may be barred from the tournament arenas at the discretion of the Referee, Referee-in-Chief, or the Tournament Committee.
- Any match, game or gross misconduct penalties will be sent to the Discipline Committee in the form of a Referee report. After consulting with the committee, a decision will be rendered regarding the suspension, and the decision will be final.
**17.02.3 GROSS MISCONDUCT as per CLA Rule 48 will result in a MATCH PENALTY with the individual being suspended from all further ALA sanctioned activities and the incident referred to committee**
- Official protests regarding conduct on the field will not be considered.
- Any team who deliberately attempts to delay the game will be assessed a two-minute delay of game penalty. If this occurs in the last two minutes of the game, a penalty shot will be awarded.
**All Records and Game Sheets from the Tournament Will Be Sent to All Team’s LGB’s**
**GAMES SHEETS ARE TO BE SENT TO THE ALA OFFICE**
To place an appeal, with the Tournament Committee, the appealing team must put a $300 non-refundable bond forward. The appeal must be made in writing and must be received no later than 30 minutes after the conclusion of the game. If game conclusion time is missing from the game sheet the scheduled game time conclusion shall be used. If the appeal is won, the fee will be refunded. If any game or portion thereof is to be replayed, the refund will be given after that conclusion. The decision of the Tournament Committee is final unless the sanction carries beyond the tournament.
- Dressing rooms and facilities
- a) All dressing rooms will be checked prior to, and immediately following each game. Any damages found will be considered the responsibility of the last team who used the dressing room.