Make sure your goalie is not directly in line with the goal, as if they are directly in front it provides the opportunity to score on their own net
5x5 Games last four games of the season
We will have a best of three playoffs between two parity teams established by the Coaches, fairly.
Notes from the Officials:
This information was what was passed on to the Referees for league games.
- Fall-Back Rule
- when possession is gained by the goalie, all (now) defensive players must "fall-back" to the neutral zone of the floor (the area in between the two restraining lines)
- once all defensive players are in the neutral zone, and the goalie has passed the ball outside the 24' dotted line, the defensive players are free to go wherever they want
- the rule book states that the pass from the goalie does not need to be caught, however in the spirit of the game, let's ensure the player being passed to is in control of the ball before the defensive players are released.
- if the goalie fails to pass the ball outside the 24' dotted line, or the defensive players re-enter the zone too early (prior to being released), the result is the ball being awarded back to the goalie for another attempt until successful
10U (Novice) Girls Rules
- we are to use real lacrosse balls; all clubs and coaches have been informed of this
- a game sheet is required but we do not post anything on the scoreboards other than the game time ... no goals or penalties are to be posted on the clock
- place and push contact is allowed
- there is no bodychecking allowed
- when calling a penalty, our standard mechanic does not change, however, the player will not serve the penalty in the penalty box, but they must go to their bench.