The Beaumont Raiders Lacrosse Association is a member of the Greater Edmonton Lacrosse Council (GELC). www.gelc.ab.ca
The GELC is responsible for the administration of lacrosse programs for Edmonton and surrounding areas.
Communities that participate in league play are the Beaumont Raiders, Fort Saskatchewan Rebels, Leduc Crush, North Edmonton Wizards, Parkland Posse, Sherwood Park Titans, South Edmonton Warriors, St. Albert Rams, West Edmonton Blues, and Westlock Rock. Associate members from Grande Prairie and Fort McMurray may also be participating at the U7 thru U17 levels, resulting in weekend games in the schedule against these teams.
2024 Beaumont Raiders U9 Minor Box Lacrosse Season
- U9 Lacrosse will be played as per the Lacrosse Canada Rule Book - Option L
- U9 Season Play will begin April 13-14, 2024.
- For the remainder of 2024 Box Lacrosse playing season, weekday games will be scheduled on Tuesday and Thursday, with a start time of 6:00pm or 7:00pm. There will be weekend play with Westlock. Member clubs will schedule practices at their discretion.
- U9 will have a wrap up GELC Jamboree style tournament on June 15-16, 2024
- The divisions for U7, U9 are not leveled or evaluated.
- U7 and U9 are co-ed teams that allow for reciprocal friend request
- U9 are usually on the floor 2 times per week (practice and a game)
This season you may notice a change to our division names and age groups, as well as, a change in labeling from "Male/Female" now to "Men/Women". This may seem strange to you based on the age groups of our athletes, but this change comes with guidance from Lacrosse Canada in promoting inclusiveness. The term "female" connotes a biological category, while "women" is a whole human person, making it technically a noun. The Beaumont Raiders are supporting the use of women as an adjective to achieve a more inclusive meaning that emphasizes gender over biological sex.